Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Drinking Juice Straight from the Carton

So I realize that I like living alone in that I can do things like drink out of the juice carton when I don't feel like washing the dishes, but the problem is that I'm a big ol' slob. I have worksheets, books and textbooks on pretty much every flat surface in the flat, including my bed.  I need to buckle down and spend an hour organizing all the teaching materials I have and find places for them, luckily I have a desk in my room. Not that I am in any way complaining about having a lot of material, as a first year teacher I spend a lot of time googling lesson plans and flipping through workbooks.

Unfortunately, the room cleaning will probably not happen tonight. I still need to finish planning my private student's lesson, which is an hour and a half so I need to make sure I have enough material. I also need to plan for my 8th grade conversation group. I absolutely love these guys they're hilarious and their english level is pretty high. We went through the material I had last week pretty quickly and I want to get them speaking to each other more and try to minimize TTT as much as possible. The last group I need to plan for is the grammar review I normally have right now. My contact teacher and I switched days because she has a presentation tomorrow so I'm taking the kids from 3:30-4:30 tomorrow.

Which brings me to the fun news for the week. I am taking Italian lessons! My contact teacher is starting the lessons with another Italian teacher and I thought it would be fun. I'll keep you updated.

Book is in Italian, Glossary is in Italian and Hungarian. This should be fun :)

Random picture from this weekend. 

Poutine from my kitchen, delicious.

These are right outside the building I live in, the students love hanging out here in between classes.



Statue of Szegedi István in the school courtyard.

Sziasztok.

No comments:

Post a Comment