Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's Already October!

It's hard to believe I've already been in Hungary for 41 days! I am finally getting into a rhythm with teaching, both my regular classes and the extra ones. I am not as comfortable in my town as I should be at this point, but I blame myself for not getting out and exploring more. That is something I need to work on, but I have the time so I'm not too worried.

Today was a great day as I got to visit the farm one of my private student's family owns. They have cows, horses, chickens, turkeys, and ostriches! The ostriches were cool, they always remind me of dinosaurs, especially their feet. I was a little wary of the birds as they are a lot taller than me and the males are very protective but it was fun to see them up close. I also got to pet the horses for awhile and I enjoyed it as taking horse back riding lessons was one of my favorite things in junior high.

My student's father made a traditional dish from the area that shepherds use to make while camped out with the sheep. It takes four hours to make! I need to get my student to write out the name for me because I'm not sure how to spell it, but it was delicious. Paprika, pasta, potatos and bacon = finom. It was also fun to get out of the flat and spend some time outside with other people. I can tend to be a bit reclusive and it's easy to fall back into that when in another country. But her parents were very nice and her mom gave me an (empty) ostrich egg to take home!


I'm off to type up situations for the English competition my school is having this weekend. Emily and Christian (two CETP teachers from Szolnok and Karcag) are coming to be judges so it should be a good time.

Sziasztok.

No comments:

Post a Comment