Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Random Photos and Teacher Meeting

Here are some random pictures from around my flat!

This is microwave popcorn with instructions in 12 languages. It's cheesy popcorn and pretty delicious, and yes I know I am such a junk food junkie.

So many languages! and sorry I don't know how to flip this. 


This is a giant evil spider that was outside my window. I am not exaggerating the size, it was probably a half dollar, and now it'd disappeared which worries me...

That splotch is an evil, evil spider.

Raid plug-in to try and kill the evil mosquitos who ate me alive the first night.


Yay for mosquito killing!

These are the lovely flowers I got at the first teachers' meeting. There was lots of Hungarian where I got about one word in 100. Mostly mindenki (everyone) early and angoltanár (English teacher) once they got to introducing me. I just said a few words introducing myself and talking about how I was excited to be in Hungary and work with everyone. Also, that I was trying to learn Hungarian so everyone needed to be patient with me.
virágok (flowers)

These are some pictures around my flat.
Sink and coffee maker!
Toaster oven, hot plate, microwave and fridge.
Also the door into my flat is at the far right. 


This is to the right when coming into the room.
My dining table and TV (which has CNN in English!)
Big windows, my desk and bed.


My flowers in a Mezotur pottery vase.


My bathroom 
Breakfast of coffee and yogurt and cereal at my table!

Around noon I am going to go to lunch with the three teachers who picked me up in Budapest and I am making a list of questions to ask about the school and classes. 

Sziasztok! 
(I think that's the right spelling for goodbye plural. It is also a greeting, so you can start and end a conversation with szia, to one person, and sziasztok to multiple people, and I hope there are multiple people reading this!)

2 comments:

  1. Your place looks cute, and pretty new! So the renovations were complete when you arrived, right? - Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Everything was great. I had trouble with the shower/bath but it was me not turning the right knobs and such. The woman who is in charge of laundry even gave me two plants for the flat!

    ReplyDelete